Monday, September 1, 2008

Mr. T turns Eleven!


29 Aug 2008 - He turned Eleven with a third tooth emerging on the front left upper gum. Travis is really growing up really fast. He has spent 11 months on earth with us so far. I really wish that he can slow down on growing up.... I know that I really will miss his reliance on papa and mama for basic things like walking, bathing, feeding... I love doing all these things for him and I know that soon, he will be walking by himself, feeding himself and bathing himself...

Travis never fails to surprise me occasionally. Yesterday, he picked up my mobile phone and guess what? He held it close to his ear, just like the way I always answered a call. Then lately, he moved his right hand in a circular motion each time we asked him where the fan was. He can also wave goodbye and blow a flying kiss.. I feel like crying each morning when I go to work and he does that.

Travis loves going to the park in the evening. That's where he gets to see his friends in the neighbourhood. Leadwe and I were on leave today so we played with him in the park opposite Grandma's house. We played soccer together with a basket ball and Mr T really knows how to chase and kick the ball.

At this stage, there are a couple of things I would like to do with him more often:
swimming
playing games he enjoy (soccer, hitting a ball or object to the ground, putting things in a box)
reading books
let him play with other babies his age

Its a pity I only have that 7am-9am in the weekday mornings (feeding takes up 7-8am so we're left with just an hour or less of playtime in the morning) and whole weekends. I know that I'll have to make full use of these hours I have with him.

Leadwe and I are planning for a 10day trip with Mr T. We are still undecided on the location although we would love to go back to Hokkaido. Many frens have suggested Perth though because of the shorter journey and the child friendly infrastructure. We'll see...

Its back to work for mami and papa tomorrow after this long weekend (we took Mon off to relax). 4 more days to the weekend again. Hope that the rain stops soon so that we can take Mr T swimming.

mami bel

No comments: