Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Zoo Zoo


We spoke about bringing the LMM to the zoo several times until last weekend when Dann & Gina invited us to their new condo's house warming bbq in Woodlands. And then it was clear that it was time to head up to the zoo.

The LMM is now able to walk holding on to both our hands. Because he is able to do that, he now refuses to be carried for long periods of time. Hence, I had to buy him his first pair of shoes. Got him a cute red one as red seems to be his favourite colour.

I salute all parents with babies whom I met at the zoo that morning (we reached the zoo at about 9.45am) because I now understand what they probably went through that crazy morning. Here's a glimpse:

7am feed the baby his milk and breakfast
8am start cooking the baby's lunch. cut the veges, steam everything, mash everything, store
9am bathe the baby, dress him up
9.10am pack up all the necessary things like diapers, milk powder, spare bottles, the hot food, toys, changing mat, spare towels, spare clothing, wet wipes..
9.15am (yes, those things have to be done in 5 mins.) parents quickly dress up (ya we now take super fast to get ready) and set off!

At the zoo, we showed him the parrots, lions, giraffes, orang utan (chomel - ah meng's daughter) snakes, huge fishes, and he saw the polar bear show, the penguins show and he fell..asleep. And so Leadwe and I enjoyed the rest of the animals. Think my favourite section is the baboons. They are really a wonderful community.. functioning a little like humans. I saw a mami pulling a hyper active baby baboon's tail to make sure he does not go anywhere far away from her. I saw a baby baboon trying to get a ride on a papa baboon. I saw several teenager baboons fooling around, trying to kick each other down a rock. I also saw an old baboon getting groomed by his relative (and my! they are thorough with that fur checking..). Its a pity LMM was sleeping when we went to this section. Guess he'll see it the next time we head to the zoo again.

No comments: